Mastering the Craft of Writing
At a Glance
You'll Love this Book if:
- You're searching for methods to improve your writing style.
- You're in need of instruction in the areas of: emphasis, figurative language, noun and verb usage for impact, eliminating wordiness, and more.
- You need exercises for additional practice to cement the techniques into your mind for future use.
Are you ready to build the habits that will make you a better overall writer? More than a simple primer on writing style, Mastering the Craft of Writing presents over 50 sharply focused strategies to help writers craft stronger, more effective works, regardless of genre. Stephen Wilbers presents a series of proven methods for writing with greater emphasis, style, and personality. In addition, each of the techniques is accompanied by exercises that will test readers' comprehension and retention, and the end of each section will contain cumulative exercises.
Mastering the Craft of Writing will teach you how to:
- Write with economy by only using strong verbs and removing wordiness
- Write with emphasis by structuring sentences and paragraphs for flow and coherency
- Write with distinction to add a light-hearted touch to your writing
With exercises, entertaining asides, and a wealth of useful information, Mastering the Craft of Writing is an invaluable resource for any writer. Once you master these techniques, you'll want to use them in everything you write.
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Date available: 04/01/2014
- Publication date: 04/01/2014
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Stephen Wilbers
Stephen Wilbers is a writer, consultant, columnist and trainer. He has presented seminars in effective writing to more than 10,000 business, technical, legal, and academic writers. His book on stylistic technique, Keys to Great Writing, has been described as "a writing class in a book" that "breaks down general advice on what to do into practical steps on how to do it."