Logline Master Class
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Let a logline master (Timothy Cooper, the creator of 365 Loglines), diagnose and improve your loglines—live and on the spot! No matter what genre you're writing, every amazing script starts with a logline that describes an intriguing lead, a major obstacle, and a unique journey.
This master clinic on loglines will save you months of wasted time by cutting to the heart of what makes great movies great—awesome conflict, dramatic irony, and a totally original adventure. Too many writers waste time on the script itself early on—before they truly have a logline that's DISTINCT, SPECIFIC, and SURPRISING enough to be worthy of their time. Avoid that rookie mistake: Create a brand-new pitch that's uniquely thrilling, accessible, and marketable!
First, Timothy will teach you key principles by breaking down classic loglines from some of the greatest films (and highest-priced script sales) in recent history. Then he'll take the loglines you submit and create a world of new possibilities for your idea, right then and there!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
After you take this master class, you'll know how to:
- Simplify and clarify your idea for a gripping pitch
- Brainstorm higher stakes, bigger goals, and stronger conflicts
- Harness powerful, intriguing words to inspire and excite readers
- Decide whether your concept is truly movie-worthy
- Suggest a never-before-seen, epic journey for your lead
- Pinpoint your hero's unusual weakness and/or want
- Develop an antagonist with a powerful hook
- Use concise language to give us maximum information as quickly possible
- Efficiently describe your idea, no matter how complex or “un-loglinable” you think it is
- Offer just enough to make the reader ask for more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Beginning writers hoping to crystallize a story they've always dreamed of writing
- More experienced writers with a good script that's nonetheless failed to place in contests
- Creators hoping to finally write that project that gets them noticed by agents and managers
- Those in the brainstorming phase who want to build the most solid story foundation possible
- Writers with a high-concept idea that isn't quite coming together yet
- Anyone who's been working on a story forever, only to see it get increasingly bloated or confusing
- Indie moviemakers whose current script is all message, no story
- Frustrated screenwriters eager to break out of their rut and develop a highly sellable script!
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Timothy Cooper
Timothy Cooper is a filmmaker, playwright, comedy writer, and teacher based in Brooklyn, New York. As the founder of Blueprint Screenwriting Group, he's worked with hundreds of writers and companies worldwide to help them sell their scripts and tell their stories through TV and film.
He wrote and directed the web sitcom Concierge: The Series, starring comedians from Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Bridesmaids, Last Comic Standing, ...