John Truby's TV Master Class
At a Glance
Day 1: TV Drama Day
For the last decade, the best dramatic writing in America has been found on television. The 1-hour TV Drama is a very lucrative and creative one for writers, but the challenge to write great scripts under impossible deadlines is intense.
Day One is designed to make you a top professional TV writer, able to work on the staff of any show on television. The course teaches you how to break down a show so you can write a terrific spec script that will get your hired. You will also learn the different story beats for the key genres of 1-hour TV, how to include Emmy-winning elements in your story, how to sequence stories in a season, and how to create your own successful TV Drama.
• The High Concept TV Premise
• How TV Changes the Major Story Genres
• The 9 TV Drama Story Beats
• Setting up the 4-Point Opposition
• The All-important TV Story Weave
• Writing Great TV Scenes and Dialogue
• How to Write the Spec Script That Will Get You Work
• Detective Story Beats
• Crime Story Beats
• Legal Drama Beats
• Soap Opera Beats
• Historical Drama Beats
• Horror-Fantasy-Science Fiction Beats
• How to Sequence the Stories to Create a Great Season
• Tricks of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Good Wife, Lost, Sopranos and more
• How to Create a Hit TV Dramatic Series
- Date available: 09/30/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: John Truby
John Truby is Hollywood’s premiere story consultant and founder of Truby’s Writers Studio. He has worked as a story consultant and script doctor for Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, FOX, and HBO, among others, and has taught his 22-Step Great Screenwriting and Genre classes to over 40,000 students worldwide.