Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Join us as we congratulate the 50 semi-finalists of the third round of the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest!
Brandon Stiefer – La Frontera
Benito Selim – Testify
Leslie Danon – Damned Miracles
Lily Skinner – The Song of Burt
Justin Fox - Time Flies
Michelle Deni Malouf - …And Scene
David Whitcroft – Colony 8
Costi Gurgu – Alien Contact For Dummies
David Crosman – Time Suck
Amanda Dawson – Hubbell’s
Ben Basso – Freetown
La’Chris Jordan – Piney Ridge
Brittany Little – The Awakened
Rick Meyer – Peril
Rob Raffety – Muck
Cheri Redgrave – Shooting Sundusky
Tiffany Yarde – Untitled
Amanda Morad – Black & Blue
Liane Lanford – Second Hand
Stephen Potts – Shrink Proof
Rick DeMille – Exiles and Empires
Dawn Wise – Gate City
Ben Tannous – Solitaire
Thomas Emson – Isle of the Mighty
Katie Hennicke – Tenure
Chris Andrews – If I Ruled The World
Gretchen Somerfield – Beard
Jericho Christian – Under God’s Big Sky
Russell Ward – Atomic City
Liz Hersey – Mello Drama
Mike Griffin – D.I.V.A.
Tony Boland – The Kill List
Pete Young – Oillies
Julianne Wargren – Uxantia
Jenn Dlugos & Charlie Hatton – Magicland
Nicole Santolo – Wheels
Casey Hamilton - Judys
George Petersen – Corky Carroll’s 100% True Surf Stories
Roy McMullen –Comfort Zone
David Kushner – Circuit
Christine McVie – Mindwalkers
Michelle Hippler – Seattle Freeze
Simone Di Pomazio – Doc of Minds
Sam Higgins – Fairy Tales
Katie Wynn – Crime After Time
Courtney Michael – Untitled
Carolyn Carpenter – Steps
Lorrie Meyer – Peligro
Sarah K. Moss – Bosco’s Pizza
Patric Cambra – The Pink Derby
Do you have the next TV Pilot that management and production company Anonymous Content wants? Enter The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest today!
Some of today’s most exciting storytelling happens on the small screen. From dramas like Homeland, Mad Men and Breaking Bad to comedies like The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, television has evolved to become the writer’s realm, where the most talented scribes rule season after season.
Sound like a dream job? Then get ready for your chance to break in to the dynamic world of writing for TV!
The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest is a one-of-a-kind competition that offers every entrant the unique chance to learn about the Industry, while also creating and writing a television pilot script.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and fill out our exclusive free TV Pilot Kit, including Show Proposal and Character Relationship worksheets along with illustrated examples.
- Submit your Pilot Kit to be judged by a panel of Industry pros. The top 50 semi-finalists win attendance to our exclusive TV Pilot Boot Camp: Designing The Series webinar (a $200 value!)
- Those 50 semi-finalists have one month to write the first draft of their pilots. Judges will narrow down the pool to 10 finalists.
- The top 10 finalists enter into our ScriptXpert Story Specialists mentoring program, where they will polish their pilot and create a Show Bible.
- The final projects are submitted to a panel of judges and a winner is selected.
- The lucky winner of the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest receives unparalleled Industry experience, a meeting with Anonymous Content (True Detective, The Knick) and other Industry Insiders and much more.
This is your opportunity to learn about TV writing from some of the Industry’s A-list scribes, while also developing your own storytelling abilities. With those skills in place, just imagine the new opportunities you can create for yourself in the competitive world of screenwriting.
The Industry Insider TV Writing Contest is sponsored by Write Brothers software
Write Brothers provides cutting-edge software for writers looking to advance their craft. Movie Magic Screenwriter will format your screenplay to industry standards while Dramatica and Outline 4D will guide you through the story creation and outlining process.
- Contest Begins: March 1, 2015
- Early Deadline: April 30, 2015
- Early Fee: $40
- Standard Deadline: June 30, 2015
- Standard Fee: $50
- Extended Deadline: July 30, 2015
- Extended Fee: $75
- Semi-Finalists Announced: August 2015
- Finalists Announced: October 2015
- Mentoring Begins: October 2015
- Mentoring Completes: January 2016
- Winner Announced: January 2016
- Meetings: February 2016
Congratulations to Richard Valentine as the 2014 Winner of The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Top Ten 2014 Finalists
- Richard Valentine – The Exorcists
- Ray Wong & Kevin Wright – Blank Slate
- Luther M. Mace – The Ex-Factor
- Brenda Arocho – Ivy Crypt
- Kathlene McGovern – Delaney
- J.A. Romo – Ghosts
- Alice Charles – The Boyfriend Project
- Wes Meilandt, Nathan Bayne and Tim Black – Expiration Date
- Melissa Dearr – Apocalypse
- T.J. Walker & Roxanne Wilder – Kick
Congratulations to writing partners David Kushner and Joshua Bullock as they are the 2013 Winners of The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Top Ten 2013 Finalists
- Keith Hendrick – Red Square
- Joshua Bullock & David Kushner – The (212)
- Kurt Conety – Absolved
- Kathlene McGovern – MisSpeaks
- Doug Penikas – Houdini: The Untold Adventures
- Mary Krell-Oishi – ABCD
- Elizabeth B. Hooker – Young Will
- Justin Fox – Maddock & Brooks
- Ed Gaffney – Unpunished
- Katie Hennicke – The Pits