The relationship between screenwriters and the film industry has historically been contentious and difficult for a new writer to navigate. Although a film would not exist without the screenwriter, they are often disregarded by the production studios and replaced in the limelight by notable directors.
In this how-to video, Bill Boyle draws from real-life experiences as an agent, manager and screenwriter to provide practical advice for gaining industry access. From securing effective representation to submitting your script to the right producers, this step-by-step guide will you give you the best possible chance at success in the film industry.
In this how-to video, you’ll learn:
- The two worlds of independent film production and which one is best for your first film.
- What hip pocketing is and how to use it effectively to jump start your career.
- How to find the right agent and producer to get your script into the marketplace.
You’ll love this video if you want to:
- Make a living with your script while keeping your soul and sanity intact.
- Find an agent that is enthusiastic about your work and has the right degree of access to the industry.
- Effectively pitch your script to the right producers.
- Publisher Script Magazine Productions
- Date available: 06/30/2014
- Publication date: 06/30/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Bill Boyle
Bill Boyle is an award winning screenwriter, a former UCLA Extensions Instructor and has been rated by Creative Screenwriting Magazine among the top 10% of script analysis and consultants. He has been involved in the film industry in both Canada and the U.S. for over 25 years as a writer, director, agent, producer, story editor, and mentor.