"I'll Have What She's Having": The Art of Romantic Comedy
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Romantic comedies are one of the most popular film genres, but also one of the hardest to pull off. For every "When Harry Met Sally" or "Annie Hall," there's dozens of films that end up disappointing, or worse. So what exactly makes some Romantic Comedies soar while others sink painfully out of sight? Steve is the industry's number one expert on comedy, and this webinar will help you avoid the mistakes that plague so many romcoms. You'll learn how to create and develop a successful romantic comedy premise. Along with structure and characters of this genre, you'll come away with the tools that will allow you to put the "comedy" in your Romantic Comedy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The 6 Elements of Romantic Comedy
- Romantic Comedy Archetypes
- The Comic Paradigm
- The Lie That Tells the Truth: The Comic Premise
- Character-centered Script Development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want to develop a romcom treatment
- Writers who are working on a Romantic Comedy screenplay
- Writers who want to revise a current Romantic Comedy
- Directors who are prepping a Romantic Comedy
- Directors who are co-writing a romcom.
- Actors who are auditioning for or performing in a romcom.
- Producers and Executives who are developing Romantic Comedies.
- Date available: 01/24/2014
- Publication date: 01/24/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Steve Kaplan
For more than a decade, Steve Kaplan has been the industry's most sought-after expert on comedy writing and production. In addition to having taught at UCLA, NYU, Yale, and other top universities, Kaplan created the HBO Workspace, the HBO New Writers Program, and was co-founder and Artistic Director of Manhattan's Punch Line Theatre. He has served as a consultant to such companies as DreamWorks, Disney, Aardman Animation, HBO, and has worked with producers and production companies in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, London, Ireland, and Sweden.