I Wrote, I Worried, I Pitched: Writing & Pitching Comedy
Writers will learn tactics to hone their pitch and perform it fearlessly by learning to manage their stage fright. The presenters include insights from their book, Show Me The Funny – interviews with Hollywood's greatest comedy writers…creators of iconic sitcoms and movies from Gilligan’s Island to There’s Something About Mary. This presentation helps writers better pitch their material by overcoming pitch panic.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why pitching is an important skill to comedy writing
- Essential pitch skills every writer needs
- Stage fright: overcoming the fear of pitching
- And so much more!
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers with an interest in comedy who want to learn skills to successfully pitch their work
- Writers of any genre who want to learn how to pitch their material effectively
- Comedy writers who want hone their pitches and move to the next level
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique. The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Publisher The Writers Store
- Date available: 04/25/2012
- Publication date: 04/25/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Peter Desberg and Jeffrey Davis
Peter Desberg and Jeffrey Davis are the authors of Now That’s Funny! The Art and Craft of Comedy Writing, a new book that provides an intimate look into the minds of twenty-nine of Hollywood’s funniest comedy writers from movies and TV shows like: Saturday Night Live; Frasier; The Simpsons; Everybody Loves Raymond; Monk; Modern Family; The Honeymooners; Cheers; Home Improvement; and many more. The writers were asked to develop a generic comedy premise created by the authors, giving readers a window into their writing process. The...