How to Write Sparkling Dialogue: Advanced Techniques to Make Your Script Shine
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Great dialogue is a crucial factor in making your characters leap off the page and attracting A-list talent to a script. But writing authentic, sparkling, well-crafted dialogue that entertains the reader is the ultimate challenge for writers, who otherwise may have solid script elements, and yet are bound to fail because of flawed dialogue. In this webinar, you will learn practical approaches to raising the bar for your dialogue.
Join UCLA instructor and bestselling author Karl Iglesias as he showcases advanced techniques designed to significantly improve the dialogue in your current project, including how to turn flat and predictable dialogue into sizzling and entertaining dialogue, how to develop a distinct voice for each character, how to weave in exposition without losing the reader's interest, and how to add depth, emotion, and meaning through subtext.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The high standards of great dialogue and its function in scenes
- The most common dialogue problems and how to fix them
- The crucial difference between active and passive dialogue
- How to turn flat, predictable speech into sparkling dialogue
- How to craft a distinct voice for each character
- How to weave in exposition without boring the reader
- How to add depth, emotion and meaning through subtext
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who are looking to improve their dialogue
- Directors and producers who want to recognize flawed dialogue and know how to fix it
- Anyone who appreciates great dialogue in film, TV, plays and novels and is curious to learn about the craft behind it.
- Date available: 03/07/2014
- Publication date: 03/07/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Karl Iglesias
Karl Iglesias is a screenwriter and sought-after script doctor and consultant, specializing in the reader's emotional response to the written page. He is the best-selling author of Writing For Emotional Impact and The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters. He teaches at UCLA Extension’s Writers' Program, where he’s just won the Outstanding Instructor Award for 20...