How to Write An Action Thriller They Can’t Put Down
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Everyone loves action movies that won't quit until the very last frame. The same is true for screenplays that keep you reading until the very last page. Industry professionals call them the fast read and smart screenwriters use specific techniques to keep the action moving until the very last page. This webinar covers those techniques with step-by step instructions and real examples that show how to propel your characters, plot and storyline hurtling forward in a script they won't be able to put down until the climactic last page.
This webinar will cover the craft elements necessary to create a compelling, fast paced narrative screenplay structure for an action thriller. Topics will include the all-important first 5-pages to jump-start the action, character backstory and dialogue that will not slow down the break-neck pace of your plot, and how to embed a narrative “ticking bomb” that will keep the reader invested in the outcome. This webinar will demystify the process of writing an action thriller that avoids tropes and clichés while providing a satisfying, climactic ending the reader did not see coming.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tips on how to embed a narrative “ticking bomb” into the story.
- How to separate necessary story elements from “speed bumps” that will slow your action down.
- How to identifying your main characters goals and point of no return.
- How to create a timeline that compounds and escalates the stakes.
- How to avoid clichés while setting up the all-important, twist ending.
- How to write the contained action thriller for a micro-budget production.
- How to use misdirection to keep your reader guessing and intrigued.
- How to create fresh dialogue that informs the characters and action.
- How to conceive and write action sequences that are easy and thrilling to read.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Screenwriters who are interested in writing a compelling action thriller.
- Writers who want to keep the reader invested in their story.
- Screenwriters who want to avoid clichés and tropes in their script.
- Writers who want to take their genre writing to the next level.
- Writers who want to give their storylines a sense of urgency.
- Screenwriters who want to increase their chances of selling a screenplay by crafting a compelling, fast-paced read.
- Screenwriters who want to break into the competitive and lucrative action thriller genre.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jon James Miller
Jon James Miller is an award-winning screenwriter and novelist. He loves movies “based on a true story” that are actually based on a true story. In addition to his literary work, Jon is co-owner of the newly revived, much beloved Ben Cooper, Inc. brand, taking classic Halloween costumes and vacuum formed vinyl mask magic of the past and bringing it back in a new line of Ben Cooper costume-inspired collectibles just in time for Halloween 2017. Jon is represented by Sandra Dijkstra Literary. He can be reached at email@example.com