How to Write a Successful Novel: The Craft, Techniques, and Strategies You Need to Know
At a Glance
YOU’LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You want to break in to publishing
- You are an aspiring author hoping to write for the commercial fiction market (teen or adult)
- You have a finished manuscript and want to know how to submit it
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
If you’re stuck, we’re here to help! Let this presentation be your basic training for writing a novel, or the kick in the pants you need to break through your blocks and overcome your fears. We share the secrets to coming up with marketable ideas, and ways to keep your creative engine running. The skills and techniques we discuss are the same ones we recommend to our own clients when they’re developing new ideas. This session will give you the tools to create at your highest level, and the vocabulary to talk about your creations in ways that will make industry professionals take notice.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to craft a first chapter that will keep readers turning pages
- What you can do today to create your strongest story ideas yet
- How to use writing exercises to break through creative stalls
- How to know when to walk away from a project that isn’t working
- Effective ways to improve your writing
- The one thing you can do to improve your marketing sense today
- What makes a query stand out from the submissions pile
- The importance of and uses for your log line and elevator pitch
- Why the lonely endeavor of writing a novel should NOT be done alone
- The do’s and don’ts of using social media
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.