How to Write a Book Proposal
How to Write a Book Proposal is THE resource for getting your work published. This newly revised edition of the Writer's Digest Books classic outlines how to create an effective, nonfiction book proposal in a clear, step-by-step manner. You'll learn keys to a successful book proposal and how to:
- Test-market the potential of a book idea and effectively communicate that potential in a proposal
- Choose the best agents and editors for a particular proposal
- Create a professional-looking proposal package
- Predispose publishers to make their best offer
Noted agent and author Michael Larsen also provides insider insights into the publishing industry as well as a plethora of newly updated information including:
- Recent changes in the publishing industry.
- Updated trend information.
- New sample proposals.
- Expanded instructions for creating outlines
You'll also find complete guidelines to becoming an effective self-promoter. How to Write a Book Proposal is a must-have for every winter!
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Date available: 01/01/2004
- Publication date: 01/01/2004
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Michael Larsen
Michael Larsen is cofounder of the Michael Larsen/Elizabeth Pomada Literary Agency, the oldest agency in northern California. A member of the Association of Authors' Representatives (AAR), he lectures and presents seminars around the country on writing, agenting, and publishing. Larsen is the author or coauthor of eleven books.