How to Structure a Great Horror Film: Amp Up the Shocks
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The principles behind the success of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD -- and behind every successful horror screenplay and movie -- can be taught. This webinar, featuring NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD co-author, John Russo, will show you how to build a winning horror film from the ground up. He will teach you to preserve the originality of your horror film concept while simultaneously building a complex story. Using theme, character, and plot together, you will discover how to deliver the unexpected thrills an audience craves.
Many famous and/or aspiring filmmakers credit John Russo with inspiring them or helping to launch their careers. That includes Quentin Tarantino who said, "I made a movie I didn't finish. Then I read [John Russo’s] books, took notes and made charts, and that's what guided me toward my first finished movie."
John has written 22 books and made 20 feature movies. His books on moviemaking are known as Bibles of Independent Filmmaking. Let John teach you how to make an incredible horror film and jump-start your own career!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to elevate your horror screenplay by dealing with an important theme
- How to use that theme to develop characters who can drive it forward
- How to use the personalities and motives of your characters to come up with a powerful horror movie plot
- How to make your plot move in an intriguing, hard-hitting way
- How to scare your audience and deliver the thrills they crave by not insulting their intelligence
- How to keep your ideas and concepts original and unique
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to learn more about the plot structure that creates a successful horror movie
- Writers who are thinking about writing a horror movie screenplay
- Writers who want to revise their existing horror movie screenplay
- People who have a good idea for a horror movie and need to be pointed in the right direction
- Writers who want to hone and develop their screenwriting skills
- Writers who want to learn something from someone who has been doing it successfully for many years
- Date available: 04/09/2014
- Publication date: 04/09/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: John Russo
With 20 books published internationally and 19 feature movies in worldwide distribution, John Russo has been called a "living legend." He began by co-authoring the screenplay for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, which is known as a horror classic. His three books on the art and craft of screenwriting and movie making are known as Bibles of the Industry.
He wants people to know he's "just a nice guy who likes to scare people" -- and he's done it with novels and films such as RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, MIDNIGHT, THE MAJORETTES, THE AWAKENING and HEARTSTOPPER. His screenplay for ESCAPE OF THE LIVING DEAD was made into a five-part comic b...
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $99.99
Details: Horror has been one of the staples of film ever since the medium was invented. Perhaps that's because the genre taps into our most primal fears - isolation, the unknown, and death - in the most visual way. In this exclusive collection, you'll learn what it takes to write the best horror films and TV shows. We've compiled eight resources from the best screenwriting instructors to provide you with everything you need to write and sell your horror script.