How to Start a Successful Email Newsletter Webinar
At a Glance
E-mail marketing is the No. 1 overlooked means of reader engagement when authors evaluate their overall platform. Being able to directly reach your readers, or most avid fans, is a powerful capability that every author should have. While social media is usually touted as a primary way to build audience, when it comes to online marketing, e-mail is still the most successful and profitable means of interacting with your readership.
Thankfully, it's easy to get started with e-mail newsletters, and it doesn't require any technical know-how or expertise. It doesn't even require you to pay money until you have a sizable list of names.
What you will learn:
- How and why to start building an e-mail list today even if you think you have nothing to say
- How to start sending an e-mail newsletter for free, at no cost to you
- What the major e-mail contact services are, and how to start using them
- 3 different types of content strategies for your e-mail newsletter
- Biggest do's and don'ts for newsletters that get opened, read and shared
- What kind of frequency you ought to maintain
- What is perceived as "spammy" or annoying—and how to avoid any practices that would categorize your e-mails as spam
- How to gauge the success of your newsletters; how to test and improve them over time
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jane Friedman
Jane Friedman is a former publishing & media exec who now teaches full-time at the University of Cincinnati. She has spoken on writing, publishing, and the future of media at more than 200 events since 2001, including South by Southwest, BookExpo America, and the Association of Writers and Writing Programs.
Her expertise has been featured by sources such as NPR’s Morning Edition, Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS, The Huffington Post, and Mr. Media. She has consulted with a range of nonprofits, businesses, and creative professionals, including the National Endowment for the Arts, the Creative Work Fund, and the Contemporary Arts Center in Ci...