How to Make Sparks Fly: Learn Romantic Comedy From The Masters
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
During this webinar we will deconstruct scenes from “Notting Hill,” “Trainwreck,” and “Silver Linings Playbook.” We will see what they all have in common, what comedic “tricks of the trade” these screenwriters are using and how you can easily adopt these techniques in your own screenplays.
We will discover certain rules that work time and time again: always having an adversary that threatens the romance of your protagonists, how to use a “straight man” and a “funny man” and how to always inject physical humor into every great romantic relationship.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What is at the heart of every romantic relationship
- How to set up funny, yet poignant scenes
- How to establish the “straight guy” and his or her opposite
- What is the difference between jokes and real heartfelt humor
- Why physical humor is so important in a romantic scene
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Screenwriters who have a strong, romantic plotline in their screenplay
- Writers who want to learn how construct deeper, romantic relationships in their comedies
- Screenwriters who want to learn proven tchniques from the masters of romantic comedy
- Screenwriters who want to grab an audience immediately with the establishment of great romantic relationships
- Writers who want to learn more about capturing the attention of producers, agents and buyers
- Writers who want to learn from the masters of the comedic trade
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $49.99
Details: A true romance is entertaining, enduring, and emotionally believable. This new collection will help you write characters that audiences will be sure to fall in love with and readers will connect with. Download your five-resource collection today and start writing your romantic script.