How To Develop, Sell and Write a Television Mini-Series
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The television miniseries is a hot format right now and everyone in Hollywood wants to know how they can get in on this “new” trend. But the trend isn’t really that new. This webinar will give you the information about the current marketplace for miniseries and what tools, skill and material you will need to break into the business.
Understanding the buyer’s needs is what television is all about today. Each network has demographics they covet and the project you sell to them has to reach that demo and more. This webinar will review in detail how network executives evaluate and categorize projects like a potential miniseries.
Network and cable television is a hyper-competitive and expanding marketplace. This has made the competition for great material from screenwriters and book authors a bigger challenge than ever. If you are a writer looking to break into the miniseries marketplace, or producer, but not the first person the big agencies call with a hot script, then there are steps you can take to find the material you need that networks want, and this webinar will give you those strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to find and choose a project the network wants
- What format each network needs in a mini
- The importance of brand
- Whether or not a writer should spec a miniseries
- The immense value of books and life rights.
- The most important thing a writer can do to sell a miniseries
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers and Producers who are looking to break into television
- Writers and Producers who want to learn the challenges of this “new” marketplace
- Writers who specialize in long form story-telling
- Writers and Producers who want to learn what types of material sells as a mini and why
- Writers who specialize in “true story” or “real life” storytelling
- Writers who need to learn the various formats of a modern miniseries
- Writers looking for more markets for their material
- Writers wanting to maximize their job prospects
- Date available: 11/14/2014
- Publication date: 11/14/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Kevin Cleary
For the last 14 years Kevin Cleary has been a literary agent, then a manager/producer, specializing in books-to-film and life-rights projects like the Oliver Stone film WORLD TRADE CENTER that he sold as an agent, and currently as the Executive Producer of the upcoming TNT Network biographical miniseries ONE GIANT LEAP, the story of NASA astronaut and first human on the moon, Neil Armstrong. As a literary agent at ACME Talent & Literary, a producer based at Maverick Films, the Co-Founder of literary management firm Content House, and Co-Founder of production/management company Pooka Entertainment, Kevin has sold or packaged film and TV projects to...