How to Break All the Screenwriting Rules and Still Win
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
During this 90-minute webinar we will examine the accepted “laws” of screenwriting, including story structure, set down by pundits like Syd Fields, Blake Snyder and others. The rules are there for a reason, so it is important to understand them. However, contemporary screenplays are shaking things up—and finding recognition for their innovations.
In this presentation, we will discover how up-and-coming screenwriters purposefully ignore those laws to their advantage, gaining success and acclaim in the process.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- A close study of non-traditional screenplays – how they split with the main stream, contributing to their success
- Specific acceptable rules that lead to formulaic screenplays and low rates of success
- How flashbacks and other “out-dated” techniques are making a big come-back
- The advantages of having an unsympathetic protagonist
- How you can toss 3 Act Structure on its ear and still have a tightly constructed story
- Why downbeat endings can end up winning the day
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Either beginning or advanced writers who are seeking a fresh approach to their craft
- Screenwriters who want to learn the rules of screenwriting, so they can be effectively replaced
- Writers who are attracted to a fresh approach to screenwriting
- Screenwriters who want to break with tradition because their stories require it
- Writers who want to learn more about acclaimed screenplays that defied conventional thinking
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.