How to Become a Top Hollywood Script Reader
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
You'd love to work in Hollywood. Becoming a script reader is the way many people get their first Hollywood job. If you already have a job in 'the Industry', would you like to rise? To really impress your boss by knowing how to read a script? To join the creative team?
There's no skill more important in Hollywood than knowing what makes a great script. None. Whether you're a writer, director, actor, producer or an assistant eager to rise in a production company, you truly cannot become successful without truly understanding the secrets of a great script. Lots of folks 'fake it till they make it' - hoping that they'll be taken under the wing of a successful producer who will show them 'the secrets' of a great script.
That's one way to do it -- but why wait? Peter Russell will show you precisely that - right now, in this class.
Story doctor and former long-time script reader Peter Russell (reader for Imagine, HBO, Viacom, CBS, Walden, and many more, and Teacher of the Year at UCLA in 2009 and Pepperdine Professor of Television) teaches you how to do what he did -- start his career in Hollywood by becoming a top script reader. He also outlines, in this class, the inside tips for getting a script reader job (who to e-mail, who NOT to talk to, and how to make your first approach).
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The Five Elements of ALL great scripts
- What 'Coverage' of a great (and a rotten) script looks like
- What that chart box on the front of a Script Report really means
- How To write the synopsis for your 'Coverage' & tips to do it quickly
- How to write a great 'Logline' for a script - a big secret of good story
- How to build an 'Audition' file of script coverage (that you can send to really impress a prospective)
- How to actually apply for jobs - the secrets of getting your foot in the door
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone looking to break into the business
- Producers looking to understand how great story works
- Directors who want to understand how to tell great cinematic story
- People already working 'below the line' in the Industry who feel stuck and want to move into the creative side
- First time writers who wants to understand how to tell a brilliant commercial Hollywood story
- Cinematographers who want to learn the emotional rhythm of the stories they are shooting
- Experienced writers who want to deepen their craft
Participate Live or Watch Later
This webinar includes both access to the live webinar where you may interact with the presenter and the recorded, on-demand edition for your video library. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: This webinar will be broadcast using GoToWebinar. To see if your system is compatible with GoToWebinar, please review this page, which lists the system requirements for the software.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Peter Russell
Peter Russell is a screenwriter who has sold two television pilots in 2017 - a crime procedural and a biographical mini-series. He is also a long-time story doctor in Hollywood whose clients include Imagine, HBO, Participant, Viacom, CBS Television and many more. Peter is in high demand for his legendary seminars and master classes on film and TV story. Here is an example of his speaking.
He ghostwrites ...