How to Ace a Meeting with an Executive, Producer, or Agent
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
Believe it or not, every interaction is a “meeting.” This includes the follow-up call, the formal pitch meeting, the elevator pitch, and the networking event.
Most of us are dying to present ourselves professionally and effectively, yet we’re nervous, inexperienced, or intimidated. We feel that “schmoozing” is something we’re bad at or that it’s inauthentic, even a little slimy.
Fortunately there are tools you can use to ace the meeting, connect with your conversation partner, and present yourself powerfully, authentically, and genuinely every time!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The four stages of a successful meeting
- How these four stages scale from a 5 minute phone call to an hour-long pitch meeting
- How to effectively “close” a meeting and move the relationship or negotiation forward
- The biggest mistake people make in meetings
- The “Open Sesame” of meetings
- How to “sell yourself” authentically and powerfully
- How to ask that one big question you’re dying to ask
- How to effectively set up a follow-up meeting
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want great relationships with their representation
- Writers who want to build terrific teams around themselves
- Writers who want collaborative partnerships with the producers of their projects
- Writers who want to pitch and sell
- Writers who want to maximize pitchfest opportunities
- Writers who want to improve their networking
- Writers who want to be “good in the room”
- Anyone who knows they could be better in meetings and wants to improve their meeting skills
- Date available: 09/10/2013
- Publication date: 09/10/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Shawn Tolleson
Shawn Tolleson is the premiere career coach for entertainment industry professionals of all disciplines. She has coached actors from being on the outside of the industry, looking for a “break,” to being working professionals who book TV, film and commercials regularly and earn six figures as an actor. She has coached writers to landing TV staff writing jobs, directors to attaching star actors to their projects, and producers to securing financing for their projects. Recently, her clients have booked jobs working with James Franco, Julia Roberts, Tarsem, Peter Berg, Ray Liotta, Jay Mohr and on shows for AMC, TNT, Discovery, USA, ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX, ...