How Do Editors and Agents Decide Webinar
At a Glance
Why do some projects get picked out of the pile by agents and editors while most do not? It's because great books that catch the eyes of the pros are a combination of an excellent idea, excellent writing, and, in some cases, an excellent platform.
In this webinar, we discuss, in detail, the three-tiered approach that all publishers look at in evaluating potential books: the idea, the writing, and the platform. Writers will learn exactly what these terms mean, and the relative importance of each tier for different types of books. We discuss ways to evaluate your own project based on this structure, and how to improve whatever areas need help.
What you'll learn:
- How to capture your book in a compelling hook that will draw the attention of agents and editors
- How to determine if your rejections are less about your project and more about the marketplace
- What is meant by the "competitive advantage" and how to know if you have it
- How to make your writing shine—taking an idea and fleshing it out with voice, narrative, point-of-view, and structure
- How to develop an attractive writer platform—connecting with other writers and individuals while making yourself a visible authority on a subject
- How agents and editors quickly look over a project and decide if it has the necessary elements to make them request more
- How to get your book published
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Chuck Sambuchino
CHUCK SAMBUCHINO is an editor for Writer's Digest Books. He was formerly a staffer on Writer's Digest and a reporter for Gannett Publications. He has had more than 600 articles published, and has written for publications such as Cincinnati Magazine, New Mexico Magazine, Pennsylvania Magazine and Watercolor Artist.
Meet the Author: Rachelle Gardner
Rachelle Gardner is an agent with WordServe Literary Group. She's looking at all genres of adult fiction except fantasy, sci-fi, and erotica. Currently her favorite genres are contemporary women's fiction, historical romance, and romantic suspense. In nonfiction, she's looking for authors with strong messages and significant platforms.