History .....The New 'IT' Genre
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
In Hollywood it has been suggested it is best to write first the narrative then the screenplay, whether it is a short story or a novel. This method usually results in the most creative and detailed screenplay. It is imperative that your history and writing grab your readers’ attention.
This webinar covers the art and science of writing a researched, historical screenplay, novel, or other creative work:
• The “Science is in the Research”: Dr. Prescott will cover over 10 tactics on how to properly conduct historical research.
• “Art is in the Writing” of this research: Strategies to grab the reader’s attention through a historical lens will be covered.
• You will also learn how the development of characters and themes play a major role in historical writing.
As an academic researcher and educator for thirty years, as well as an author of a historical-fiction-mystery-series, Dr. Prescott has decades of historical fiction experience in both researching and writing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is historical fiction and what is not
- The Science and Art of historical writing
- How to recognize your historical context for the best results
- 10 key ideas on how to conduct your research
- How a writer directs readers just as a director directs what the audience sees in the movie
- The Golden Rule of Researching
- Three key techniques to embed history in your writing
- Strategies in using characters to make history come ALIVE
- The strategy of using the five senses to catch the readers’ interest immediately
- How to identify themes to enhance your historical facts of interest
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to write a historical piece whether it be a screenplay, short story, novel, etc.
- Writers who want to learn strategies to make history come ALIVE
- Writers who struggle with where to begin in writing history
- Writers who want to be published
- Writers with writer's block
- New or veteran writers who want to learn new strategies, reaffirm what they already know, and share ideas
- Writers who want to learn how characters and themes enhance history in a piece of writing
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 07/03/2013
- Publication date: 07/03/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: E.K. Prescott
E.K. Prescott, Ph.D., has been an educator for almost 30 years, and has taught at the college level for the past 15 years. She spent many years as a high school English teacher, middle school principal, and national educational consultant. Among her many accomplishments, she has been awarded research grants, named director of a research institute, and her work was published by the S-STEP group of the American Educators Research Association. She was also asked to present her research in London, England at an S-Step conference.
Dr. Prescott earned her bachelor’s degree at the University of Missouri and her master’s degree at Cardinal Stritch Unive...