Gravity: Piece by Piece - The Chemistry and Physics of a Great Feature Script
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
One of 2013’s biggest feature films, Gravity pleased crowds and critics alike, earning well over $600 million dollars worldwide and near-universal acclaim. In this live webinar, screenwriter Tom Benedek examines the structure of the film and its script, taking you through a consideration and celebration of movie greatness (and how to achieve it).
Understanding how to maximize story and character with a minimum of locations and characters is an important asset in today's feature film industry. Many writers and directors have broken into the business with successful films that use a minimum of production elements. Though Gravity is a big and expensive film with star casting, it still features many elements of the enclosed thriller.
Simultaneously, operating as a "movie season" blockbuster, Gravity manages to use special effects and visual spectacle for the purposes of plot and character rather than letting itself be overwhelmed by these facets of its scope.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to construct an enclosed thriller
- How to construct a blockbuster that appeals to today’s movie audience
- How to maximize your story with relatively few characters and locations
- How to build out strong dramatic scenes to maximize character development
- How to use spectacle to consistently enhance story impact
- How to build a strong and emotionally nuanced movie protagonist
- How to modulate intimate dramatic character details with thriller story elements
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Beginning to advanced screenwriters
- Writers from other disciplines seeking to expand into feature writing
- Writers who want to learn how to write an exceptional “enclosed thriller”
- Writers who want to learn how to write how to maximize story with few production elements
- Fans of Gravity who want to understand the movie's structure better
- Actors, directors, filmmakers who want to understand the feature film realm in greater depth
If you have questions about the webinar, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us prior to the start time at 800.272.8927.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 12/20/2013
- Publication date: 12/20/2013
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Tom Benedek
Tom Benedek wrote the screenplay for Cocoon, The Adventures of Pinocchio, and other films. In addition to teaching the craft of screenwriting, Tom has interviewed dozens of agents, managers, production execs, working screenwriters for his Network Hollywood class at ScreenWritingMasterClass.com. He has written screenplays for Robert Zemeckis, Lawerence Kasdan, Lili Fini Zanuck and Richard Zanuck, David Brown, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Sydney Pollack, Richard Rush, Harold Ramis, Lauren Schuler Donner and Richard Donner, Ray Stark, and many more.
He is a member of the Writers’ Guild of America, West and the Writers’ Branch of the Academy of Moti...