Grab the Reader with Your First 10 Pages
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Writing a screenplay is difficult to begin with, but one of the biggest areas of struggle is the first few pages. Writers are constantly challenged to engage the reader early and hold their interest immediately. But figuring out how to do this in a compelling way takes more work than it might appear.
In this webinar, professional screenplay reader Miranda will use her years of behind-the-scenes experience to address ways to capture the reader early on – and keep them interested in the rest of your script. Additionally, she will provide a glimpse into some of the most common mistakes that arise in the first pages of a script, and how to avoid them. The webinar will also tackle some of the myths surrounding how readers respond to early pages and what those myths mean for writers today.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why the “First 10” matter so much
- Major Dos and Don’ts in early pages
- The importance of catching a reader early on
- Ways to avoid major pitfalls
- What matters most in your first pages
- Areas in your first pages to focus heavily on in revisions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers looking to gain insight on reader experience
- Writers who need help with their early pages
- Writers who are just starting out
- Writers who have a draft ready – but are in revision mode
- Writers polishing a late-stage draft
- Writers who want insight on how their script is received and reviewed
- Writers with questions about their first act
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Miranda Sajdak
Miranda Sajdak is a writer/producer/director currently living in Los Angeles. As a script reader, she has done coverage for producers of films ranging from indie hits like Drive to studio features including Final Destination, American Pie, and television shows Huge and My So-Called Life. She co-founded Script Chix in 2012 to provide coverage services to screenwriters. She was a winner of Go Into the Story‘s Quest Initiative in 2013 and also a winner of The Next MacGyver competition in 2015, paired with mentor Clayton Krueger at Scott Free to develop original pilot Riveting. She enjoys hard-hitting dramas, dark comedies, and ‘90s legal thrillers.