Gorilla 5 - Film Production Software
At a Glance
Designed for filmmakers of all levels, Gorilla 5 brings you traditional film scheduling & budgeting in a tightly integrated software package. Every facet of your production – breakdown sheets, stripboards, budgets, calendar, cast & crew, call sheets, locations, props, shot lists, storyboards, expenses and more can be administered with ease and precision. With various modules that “talk to each other,” you’ll never have to type the same thing twice. Plus loads of time and money-saving features that give you power over every detail.
Designed by filmmakers for filmmakers, incorporating the ideas of real-world users, Gorilla is an all-in-one, intuitive suite of tools that helps you make sense of it all. A proven production aide for experienced pros and a fantastic learning tool for newbies. And, with our strong user community and responsive tech support team, you’ll have dependable people to guide you every step of the way.
Watch this Gorilla 5 demo and see how easily you can plan and execute your movie production:
- Scheduling – Import screenplays directly from your favorite screenwriting software including Final Draft® and Movie Magic Screenwriter™ or import story outline and index cards from StoryO™. Easily arrange strips on the stripboard with drag and drop action. Gorilla also alerts you to blackout dates - the specific dates each cast, crew member, or piece of equipment might be unavailable - saving you time and money.
- Budgeting – Special budgeting features include globals, fringes, subgroups, 4th level detail, integrated labor rates (sold separately), international currency support, customizable captions and over fifty templates for features, shorts, and documentaries.
- Storyboard & Shot list – Use the built-in shot library to create a storyboard with shots for each scene. Attach cast, equipment and other breakdown elements to each shot.
- Locations – Location picture library, built-in mapping feature, location fact sheet and more.
- Contacts – Store all of your contact info for cast, crew, agents/managers and companies and use it throughout Gorilla for things like scheduling, budgeting and accounting. Auto-email individuals or groups directly from Gorilla.
- Calendar – Track your shooting schedule, rehearsals, meetings and location scouts and print cast & crew call sheets, monthly calendar and more.
- Expense Tracking – Track expenses against budgets and get real-time balances to make sure your projects stay on track.
Note: Academic Edition allows a single installation.
UPGRADES require a valid version of Gorilla 4
Intel-based Mac, 1GB RAM, 512MB available hard disk space, 1024x768 or higher resolution video adapter and display, Safari 5.1 installed, internet connection (for location maps & weather features)
Intel Core Duo 2GHz or faster processor, 2GB RAM,
2GB available hard disk space, 1280x800 or higher resolution video adapter and display,
Safari 5.1 installed, internet connection (for location maps & weather features )
Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Minimum):
1GHz or faster processor, 1GB RAM, 512MB available hard disk space, 1024x768 or higher resolution video adapter and display, Internet Explorer 8 installed, internet connection (for location maps & weather features)
Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Recommended):
2GHz or faster processor, 2GB RAM, 2GB available hard disk space, 1280x800 or higher resolution video adapter and display, Internet Explorer 8 installed, internet connection (for location maps & weather features)
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.