Getting Past the Hollywood Gatekeepers
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Getting your screenplay read is one of the most difficult boundaries to success as a writer in Hollywood. But, getting your script to the reader’s desk is just the first step of the journey. Knowing how to get your script past the reader is just as important.
Miranda has read for numerous companies in the past, including Amazon Studios, Walden Media, Bold Films, and more. As a writer, she’s won contests including Go Into the Story’s Quest Initiative and The Next MacGyver. She’ll walk you through script analysis from a reader’s standpoint.
Learn how best to overcome major pet peeves for readers. Discover how to get your script beyond the “good” stage to make your writing start feeling more professional on the first read-through. Gaining these insights should help you get your script past the gatekeepers with fewer bumps in the road along the way.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Reader pet peeves
- How to get your script in front of a reader to begin with
- How to elevate your project from amateur to professional
- Where to take your polished script to get noticed
- What major bumps you’ll find in the road – and how to avoid them
- What a reader sees when they first look at your script
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are looking to elevate their material
- Writers who understand the need to pass the reader’s desk
- Writers who want to know their next step, now that they’ve written a draft
- Writers wanting to get the most out of their opportunities in the business
- Writers who feel stuck with a draft – and aren’t sure where to send it
- Writers who want a sense of how to navigate the business beyond writing
- Writers who want to polish their drafts
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Miranda Sajdak
Miranda Sajdak is a writer/producer/director currently living in Los Angeles. As a script reader, she has done coverage for producers of films ranging from indie hits like Drive to studio features including Final Destination, American Pie, and television shows Huge and My So-Called Life. She co-founded Script Chix in 2012 to provide coverage services to screenwriters. She was a winner of Go Into the Story‘s Quest Initiative in 2013 and also a winner of The Next MacGyver competition in 2015, paired with mentor Clayton Krueger at Scott Free to develop original pilot Riveting. She enjoys hard-hitting dramas, dark comedies, and ‘90s legal thrillers.