Forensic Fundamentals and New Trends: How To Write Authentic Crime Stories
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Forensic science is a highly intriguing and complex field that has exploded on the screen over the last 20 years. Writers who want to incorporate authentic investigative elements often find it daunting to know where to start and struggle to sound authentic and natural when writing forensics into a script.
Jennifer will take you through a mini-forensic science program, much like the one she went through herself and that birthed her book, Forensic Speak. You’ll gain a thorough overview of the forensic field and discover the best resources out there. As you discover forensic shortcuts, you’ll shorten your research hours and gain more writing time! Most importantly, you will acquire ways to authenticate your work while keeping the entertainment value front and center.
You’ll leave the seminar leaps and bounds ahead in your forensic knowledge. And you’ll be equipped to take your next script from generic to exceptional!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Essentials of forensic science that will keep your stories fresh and captivating.
- How to authenticate forensic science in your writing.
- When it’s okay to fabricate forensic science.
- How to write forensic science like an expert.
- Valuable forensic science resources.
- Forensic elements that make your story unique and memorable.
- Your forensic questions answered!
- Everything you need to make your next crime story a forensic success.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who create crime dramas, procedurals, mysteries or thrillers from shows like Blue Bloods to movies like Prisoners.
- Writers who are overwhelmed with research.
- Writers who want to be more authentic in their voice and story telling.
- Writers working on their first or fiftieth crime story.
- Writers who want to jump start a new crime story.
- Writers who want to test out these genres.
- Writers who are having trouble making their script stand out.
- Writers who want to gain a competitive edge.
- Writers who want to elevate their crime writing
Participate Live or Watch Later
This webinar includes both access to the live webinar where you may interact with the presenter and the recorded, on-demand edition for your video library. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive 20% off of a subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
- Date available: 09/10/2014
- Publication date: 09/10/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jennifer Dornbush
Jennifer Dornbush is a TV and film writer, crime scribe, forensic science maven, and writing instructor. When not making visits to the coroner's office or hanging out with CSIs, Jennifer is penning scripts. Jennifer and her two co-writers were awarded Humanitas' New Voices Prize and are presently developing their half-hour comedy pilot, Home Bodies. Her TV drama pilot, The Coroner's Daughter, was a second-round pick at the Austin Screenplay Competition. Prior to that she was a semi-finalist in NBC's Writers on the Verge with a one-hour procedural spec.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $49.99
Details: September Only!
Writing a script with believable yet thrilling details is one of the main challenges of the mystery, thriller or crime genres. In this value pack, get the tried and true tactics of the most popular screenwriters to help you finish a script that keeps your readers on the edges of their seats.
In these seven, must-have resources, you'll find the keys to unlocking your very own mysteries and thrillers. Learn what forensic details are crucial to a believable story and how to weave them in seamlessly. Write the appropriate and relevant weapons into your script to make your villains and victims come alive.