Finding and Developing New Ideas
At a Glance
Where does your inspiration come from? In this rich and intensive class, you will learn how to find fresh, compelling new ideas in everyday life.
Finding ideas to develop is your first step as a development professional, producer or writer. This is a no-fail methods to keep your imagination and creativity in high gear.
- 4-week online workshop on finding film ideas
- Each week a new lecture, handouts and assignments are revealed so you can work at your own pace 24/7
- Learn how to find inspiration in everyday life with an eye towards developing them into ideas for film
- Exercises your creativity and gets you to think outside the box
- Start your own Idea File using ESE's tried and true method
- Discover how to structure ideas into a 3-Act structure
- Teaches why the logline is crucially important for spakring interest
- Tips on how to pitch your ideas
- Mentored by Industry Pros who are producers in the business
- Perfect workshop for screenwriters, producers, directors, actors, studio executives, production company executives and anyone to enhance and encourage new ideas and how to pitch them
In order to have success at finding and developing your ideas, you need to know how to look for them and then how to structure them on paper. This intensive online workshop will provide valuable tips and resources to help you organize and develop your ideas and get them out of your head and on paper. Participants will work with articles, ads, newspapers and magazines, in order to explore new ideas and expand them into potential stories and pitches for motion pictures. Knowing how to do this will also help writers, producers and filmmakers alike have a place from which to pitch their ideas and/or jump to the next step: writing the screenplay.
- Manufacturer Edwards Skerbelis Entertainment
- Date available: 02/29/2016
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Monika Skerbelis
Monika Skerbelis is a former studio executive and co-author of the critically acclaimed books, “I Liked It, Didn’t Love It: Screenplay Development from the Inside Out” and "The Complete Filmmaker's Guide to Film Festivals: Your All Access Pass to Launching Your Film on the Festival Circuit". She is the programming director for The American Pavilion's Emerging Filmmaker ...
Meet the Author: Rona Edwards
A graduate of California Institute of the Arts, RONA EDWARDS became Vice President of Creative Affairs for multiple Emmy-winner John Larroquette (Night Court), Academy-Award Winner Michael Phillips Productions (The Sting, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, Taxi Driver) and Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated Producer Fern Field (Monk, Heartsounds) before she was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of independent producing. As a Producer, she Co-Produced and/or Executive Produced One Special Victory (NBC) starring John Larroquette, The Companion (USA/SyFi CHANNEL) directed by Gary Fleder, I Know What You Did (ABC) starring Rosanna Arquette...