Find, Develop, and Write a Gripping CRIME Script
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
What do you look for in a gripping crime story? Where do you look for information? Do you need to get life story rights? What about true crime stories and fictionalize elements of these true stories? Do some topics sell better than others? Discover answers to these questions (and many more!) and learn how to develop crime stories into scripts and treatments (and books and articles!).
In this how-to webinar, veteran true crime author and film professor Fred Rosen will show you how to take these true, dramatic stories and imprint your own personal take on them.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to develop ideas about crime into a workable story
- What makes an idea saleable in film or print? What are the differences?
- How to research your story through rare, little known non-proprietary databases
- How to structure the script, treatment, and story
- How to write the "pitch" document that will ultimately sell the story
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers and aspiring writers with an interest in true crime
- Academics who teach film, television, and criminal justice
- Students in undergraduate and graduate film, television, and criminal justice programs
- True crime reality show producers
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 04/30/2013
- Publication date: 04/30/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Fred Rosen
Fred Rosen is a veteran true crime author with 24 books published world-wide, including the true crime classic, Lobster Boy: The Bizarre Life and Brutal Death of Grady Stiles Jr. (Pinnacle, 1995). Film and TV rights to this book have been sold to “Avatar” and “Clash of the Titans” movie star Sam Worthington’s Full Clip Productions. A script has been written.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $49.99
Details: September Only!
Writing a script with believable yet thrilling details is one of the main challenges of the mystery, thriller or crime genres. In this value pack, get the tried and true tactics of the most popular screenwriters to help you finish a script that keeps your readers on the edges of their seats.
In these seven, must-have resources, you'll find the keys to unlocking your very own mysteries and thrillers. Learn what forensic details are crucial to a believable story and how to weave them in seamlessly. Write the appropriate and relevant weapons into your script to make your villains and victims come alive.