FilmSkills Lighting Kit
Light Better - Not Brighter.
In theater, actors hear “find your light” which literally means stand in your spot light – actors are nothing without it – TV and Film are nothing without it. Lighting is a character in and of itself – its color, brightness, position, wraparound, and falloff help craft emotion all while meeting the technical demands of the medium. Understanding light and how to craft it will help you render an engaging world on camera.
In the FilmSkills Lighting Course, go on set with Emmy and Academy-Award-winning cinematographers as they teach you the art and craft of cinema lighting. Learn the attributes of light and how to control them, how to create low budget lighting options, how to work with color, how to use simple techniques for lighting people, how to approach the lighting of a scene, learn advanced techniques for reducing, softening and shaping light as well as how to work outside with the sun to get the look you want.
Learn from the best in one of the most comprehensive lighting courses available with the FilmSkills Lighting Course.
Learn from 10 professionals, including:
- John Gresch - Vice President of Lighting at Arri
- Harry C. Box - Camera Operator, Heroes, Brothers and Sisters, and Everybody Hates Chris
- David Stump, ASC - Academy-Award winning cinematographer, A Quantum of Solace, Flight Plan, Fantastic Four, and X-Men
- Mike Uva - Key Grip; Nip/Tuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Everybody Hates Chris
- Dan Riffel - Gaffer, Iron Man, G.I. Joe, Hancock, Spiderman 3, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Charlie's Angels
- Laura Beth Love - Cinematographer; Zen and the Art of Senioritis, and Little Magdeline
- Blain Brown - Cinematographer, Author, Cinematography: Theory and Practice and Motion Picture and Video Lighting
Attributes of Light - Learn the basic attributes of light and how to craft it to achieve the ideal cinematic look.
Reducing Light - Learn the tools and techniques for reducing the brightness of light from a light source.
Softening Light - Learn tools and techniques for softening or diffusing light.
Shaping Light - Setting up a light is easy, but crafting it is an art. Learn the tools and techniques for shaping light to achieve the desired look.
Lighting People - Learn how to use the three-point lighting system to properly light people.
Lighting Outside - Learn how to light actors outside using only sunlight, reflectors and diffusion.
Color Temperatures - Learn about the colors of different light sources, how they affect the format on which you're shooting, and how to properly compensate.
Working with Mixed Light - Learn how to mix and match light from different color temperatures to achieve the look you want.
Key Light Techniques - Learn advanced techniques for shaping your actor's key light
Lighting a Scene - Learn how to assess an existing location, scene blocking and existing lighting to determine the best way to light a set.
This Kit Includes:
- • 4 DVD Series
- • 245 minutes of engaging videos
- • 12 Hollywood Instructors, several Emmy winners• 73 page illustrated companion guide
- • Covers the entire screen writing process
- • Used in the nation's top film schools
- Publisher Jason J. Tomaric
- Date available: 01/01/2015
- Publication date: 01/01/2015
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.