Developing and Pitching the TV Series
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Many people have great ideas for television series but have no idea how to develop them for potential buyers. Every network is different and their requirements for shows are varied. One of the most important abilities is to be able to discern a buyers needs and develop a show which accomplishes the goal of fulfilling that wish list while at the same time, making the most of the unique aspects of your project.
Most executives are in the room to say “no”. Once you are aware of this, it’s vital that you learn the process for creating a specific strategy for combating all of the reasons they’d ‘pass’ on your property. Additionally, you need to acquire the calculated art of subtly highlighting reasons they should to say “yes” - and attain the ability do so in a very timely manner, with a carefully crafted short pitch.
This webinar will give you all of these skills and more.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to discover different network needs.
- How to turn a potential ‘no’ into a ‘yes’.
- How to highlight what is unique in your particular project.
- The importance of crafting a strategic short pitch.
- What a show-runner is and what they bring to the table.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone with a great TV series idea
- Anyone wanting insider information on the craft of developing a TV series
- Anyone desiring information on how to get undisclosed networks needs
- Anyone wanting to take on the challenge of crafting a TV series pitch for buyers
- Anyone who is interested in finding out secrets for turning a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’
- Anyone who wants to finesse their pitching abilities
- Anyone with the desire to take themselves to the next level in the TV industry
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Lane Shefter Bishop
Lane Shefter Bishop is a multi-award winning producer/director who has received numerous accolades for her work, including an EMMY. Currently, Ms. Bishop is CEO of Vast Entertainment, a book-to-screen company with numerous projects in various stages of development, including feature films: REBOOT (Peter Chernin/Chernin Ent) for Fox 2000, BLOODY MARY;ORIGINS (Neal Moritz/Original Films), ACCUSED(Mike Medavoy/Phoenix Pictures), HEMLOCK (Ivan Reitman/Montecito Picture Co.), and THE DUFF (McG/Wonderland - in theaters Feb 20, 2015) for CBS Films; MOWs: OPERATION MARRIED BY CHRISTMAS [with LeAnn Rimes] for ABC Fa...