Creating Powerful Story Outlines: Character Driving Plot
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Writing is hard work, and it will always be hard work. However, a solid outline will make sure that your sweat and tears are pushing your screenplay in the right direction. In “Creating Powerful Story Outlines: Character Driving Plot,” expert screenwriter and educator Tom Benedek will use strong examples of character driven writing craft from recent films to illustrate best practices in creating a screenplay outline. He will teach ways to enhance plot movement through character driven action and offer writing exercises to build out character driven stories for the screen. This webinar will help screenwriters and novelists who are seeking to push the limits of their characters and story elements as well as filmmakers and story creators aiming for human resonance and emotional grounding in their projects.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to use characters to drive a compelling plot
- Ways to push the limits of your characters
- How to construct a solid outline so that you won’t waste time in the writing process
- Tips on how to approach revising a script outline
- Ways to create an emotional grounding for audiences
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Writers working on a script outline
- Writers starting out on a script rewrite
- All writers interested in bringing stronger characters into script or writing projects
- Beginning, intermediate, advanced, and professional screenwriters
- Screenwriters, novelists seeking to push the limits of their characters and story elements
- Filmmakers, screen story creators aiming for human resonance and emotional grounding in their projects
- Date available: 09/11/2014
- Publication date: 09/11/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Tom Benedek
Tom Benedek wrote the screenplay for Cocoon, The Adventures of Pinocchio, and other films. In addition to teaching the craft of screenwriting, Tom has interviewed dozens of agents, managers, production execs, working screenwriters for his Network Hollywood class at ScreenWritingMasterClass.com. He has written screenplays for Robert Zemeckis, Lawerence Kasdan, Lili Fini Zanuck and Richard Zanuck, David Brown, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Sydney Pollack, Richard Rush, Harold Ramis, Lauren Schuler Donner and Richard Donner, Ray Stark, and many more.
He is a member of the Writers’ Guild of America, West and the Writers’ Branch of the Academy of Moti...