Creating Funny Characters
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Do you want to write a comedy screenplay brimming with outrageous, colorful characters who generate laughs with every line? Or, do you simply want to punch up your screenplay with a few laughs, or maybe introduce some much-needed comic relief or a funny sidekick? There are serious techniques for creating classic movie comedy – and they all start with funny characters.
In this live, interactive webinar, a successful veteran comedy writer reveals these techniques and walks you through the precise steps you’ll need to implement them, adding huge laughs to your screenplay. Whether you’re working on a new screenplay or have a script in progress that just needs sharpening, this information-packed experience will leave you with all the ammunition you need to easily amp up the humor in your work.
Using fun examples and clips from popular comedy movies, this webinar gives you a veritable cheat-sheet for creating the funniest possible characters, revealing trade secrets and professional tips and tools to write funny lines, strengthen funny characters, and create new ones who will get laughs with every beat of action.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The 8 most popular funny character archetypes
- How to write proven-successful character types in a fresh, new way
- Three big mistakes most writers make when trying to write funny characters
- A secret trick for creating a signature funny moment for any character
- The 11 different types of jokes (there are only 11!), and how to write them
- More than a dozen easy-to-use tricks and tips for sharpening your comedy dialog
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to create fresh, funny characters
- Writers who want to pepper their existing characters with some funny moments
- Writers who want to add comic relief to their screenplay
- Writers looking to punch-up their work
- Writers who want to write a truly funny, entertaining comedy screenplay
- Writers who want to “raise their game” in writing funny dialog
- Writers who enjoy humor in movies and simply want to understand it better
- Date available: 03/28/2014
- Publication date: 03/28/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Scott Dikkers
Scott Dikkers founded the world's first humor website, theonion.com, which has more than 50 million unique monthly page views and 15 million social-media followers. As The Onion's longest-serving editor-in-chief, Scott created the Peabody Award-winning Onion News Network, which has spawned countless viral video hits and two television series, for IFC and Comedy Central. He's the writer-director of two successful independent comedy feature films, "Spaceman" and "Bad Meat." He has consulted for Pixar, Lucasfilm, Fox Searchlight, MTV, and others. Ranked on Entertainment Weekly's "It List" of the top 100 movers and shakers in entertainment, he's also a #1...