Creating Dynamic Characters - From Outline to Rewrite
In every story, whether it’s a film or a novel, we are rooting for our protagonist to achieve his or her goal. What keeps them from achieving their goals isn’t always the conflicts we create in the story, it’s also their inner wounds and demons. Our characters must be multilayered in order to sustain either 400 pages of a novel or two hours of screen time.
This webinar discusses the techniques to craft dynamic characters to both serve your story and bring it to a new level. You’ll receive a bullet list of items to aid you in creating your characters and their backstory. You’ll learn how to dissect your characters in a way that serves both their evolution and helps you brainstorm plot points and conflicts. The instructor shows you how the process of creating your characters and making them shine starts before you even outline and doesn’t end until the last rewrite.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to create characters who will execute your story to its fullest potential.
- How to give characters an evolution/arc.
- The importance of creating a backstory for your character.
- How to use the basics of your character’s personality and flaws to create plot points and build conflict in your story.
- The unique value of putting your characters on a therapist’s couch to help you learn more about their flaws and finds way to push them to their limits.
- How to discover and fine-tune your character’s voice.
- How to use each draft of your script or novel to strengthen your characters.
- How to build a protagonist and an antagonist who are so multilayered, A-list actors will be begging for the roles.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers struggling with character development.
- Writers whose work has been rejected by production companies and agents.
- Writers who are starting a new script.
- Writers who are rewriting an existing script.
- Writers who are looking for new techniques to add conflict to their stories.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 03/21/2012
- Publication date: 03/21/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jeanne Veillette Bowerman
Jeanne Villette Bowman is the Editor of Script magazine and a screenwriter, having written the narrative feature adaptation as well as the 10-hr limited series of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Slavery by Another Name, which were honored in the Top 25 Tracking Board Launch Pad Features Competition, CS Expo Finalist, the Second Round of Sundance Episodic Lab, and a PAGE Awards TV Drama Finalist.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $59.99
Details: Creating characters that jump off the page is no easy task, but thanks to this new collection you can grab all the tools you need to make it happen. No matter your character type—protagonist, antagonist, minor, mythical, male, or female—this collection will give you the tools and the strategies to construct realistic characters with believable behaviors and attributes. Buy the premium collection today and make your characters come to life!
Available for a limited time!