Creating A Great Character Arc
Please note: Each registration comes with access to the recorded version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
When we study successful films, the one constant is that the audience feels deeply for the protagonist. But how does a screenwriter accomplish that? This webinar will show you how professionals use specific techniques to construct their protagonist’s character arc and in so doing, develop a story that is based on character, not plot.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The step-by-step construction of a convincing character arc
- How starting from one emotional extreme and building to its opposite has the greatest impact
- The importance of giving your protagonist a real dilemma
- The power of creating a flawed anti-hero
- How to use the plot to “slam” your protagonist with the very thing they’re hiding from
- How you can use subplots to make your character’s journey as dramatic as possible
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are strong with plot but need help with character development
- Beginning screenwriters who want to understand the basics of developing a grippping, emotional story
- More advanced writers who want a road map to create unforgettable characters
- Writers who want to break the mold of formulaic writing
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
All you need is a computer or iOS device, and an internet connection. You’ll be able to view the presentation and listen to the audio over computer speakers or telephone. To test your connection before the live webinar, visit this web page.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.