Create An Emotional Connection Through Characters and Story
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
The one difference between a great movie and a mediocre one is the amount of emotion an audience feels towards the characters and story. This webinar will deconstruct the ways great screenwriters are able to connect an audience to their characters and their story lines. You will understand how to raise the emotional stakes of your plot and learn the practical tools to instantly get the audience to root for your protagonist and deepen the character relationships in your story.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to convincingly create a character arc
- The importance of private moments
- Techniques for establishing rooting interest
- The value of having a flawed hero as your protagonist
- Establishing the emotional stakes of a story
- How to build in false hopes and setbacks to constantly delay the final victory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Writers who want to bring more emotion into their writing
- Writers who struggle with creating great character arcs
- Writers who feel there’s something missing in their work
- Writers who want to break the mold of formulaic writing.
- Writers who want a new approach to story structure
- Date available: 03/25/2014
- Publication date: 03/25/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $49.99
Details: A true romance is entertaining, enduring, and emotionally believable. This new collection will help you write characters that audiences will be sure to fall in love with and readers will connect with. Download your five-resource collection today and start writing your romantic script.