Create a Villain Audiences Love to Hate
Film's most memorable villains sear themselves in our minds. They put audiences on the edge of their seats, attract huge stars, and propel your script to the top of the pile. Does YOUR villain truly pop off the page?
It doesn't matter whether you're writing a rom-com, drama, sci-fi, horror, historical piece, or fantasy: How can you design a multidimensional villain that we look forward to with fear and delight, each time her or she appears?
Answer: You must create a villain audiences love to hate.
Through simple exercises, quick tips, and relevant examples, instructor Timothy Cooper will teach you how to:
- Transform flat, trite, comic-book antagonists into complex, fully drawn ones that every actor wants to play
- Identify and use the common traits of film's most notorious villains
- Construct a uniquely evil character with sympathetic, human motivations (even if it's an alien or robot)
- Build fun, page-turning, believable opponents who play the perfect foil to your antagonist
- Create delicious lines, villainous acts, and nail-biting action sequences that feel realistically possible (or maybe just a bit over the top)
No one wants another evil wizard! After this class, your villain will be the toast of Hollywood.
HOW DOES THE WEBINAR WORK?
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer speakers or over your telephone. The live webinar’s visual presentation is displayed directly from the Presenter's computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions being read and answered by the Presenter for the entire class to hear. In the event some questions are not answered during the live session, an e-mail with questions and answers will be sent to all webinar attendees. By attending the live webinar and/or asking questions, your full name may be stated during the live event and captured in the recording.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
All you need is a computer or iOS device, and an internet connection. You’ll be able to view the presentation and listen to the audio over computer speakers; however, you’ll enjoy much better audio quality if you use a telephone. See below for complete system requirements.
To test your connection before the live webinar, visit: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/gotomeeting/help_files/GTM140010. (Click on the test session URL under Step 1.)
For Windows/PC-based users:
- Required: Windows® 7 or 8, Vista, XP, or 2003 Server
- Required: Internet connection, DSL or better recommended with bandwidth of 700Kbps or more
- Recommended Processor: 2.4 GHz or more with 2 GB of RAM or more
For iOS users:
- Required: Free GoToMeeting App from the Apple App Store
- Required: WiFi connection to use VoIP
- Required: iPad® 1 or newer, iPhone® 3GS or newer, iPod ® Touch (3rd generation) or newer
- Required Operating System: iOS 4.2 or newer
For Android users:
- Required: Free GoToMeeting App from the Google Play Store
- Required: WiFi connection to use VoIP
- Required Operating System: Android 2.2 or higher
- Recommended Processor: 1 Ghz CPU or higher
If you have questions about the webinar, please call us prior to the start time at 800.272.8927.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 09/26/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Timothy Cooper
Timothy Cooper is a filmmaker, playwright, comedy writer, and teacher based in Brooklyn, New York. As the founder of Blueprint Screenwriting Group, he's worked with hundreds of writers and companies worldwide to help them sell their scripts and tell their stories through TV and film.
He wrote and directed the web sitcom Concierge: The Series, starring comedians from Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Bridesmaids, Last Comic Standing, ...