Constructing Powerful Story in TV & Film
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Creating a strong story is your calling card as a writer. In this live webinar, Jen Grisanti will share with you some of the key tools that will make your TV pilots, specs and features scripts stand out through the building of the act break and the links that you provide in your story. Jen Grisanti will share her strategy about how you can write act breaks that will make your story memorable and help you to tell it in the strongest way possible so that you increase your chances of a sale and getting staffed. It all comes down to your understanding of how to build your script. There is a strategy to this. Jen Grisanti will share her secrets on what makes a story strong from the point of view of a studio executive. Follow her tips and advice and it could lead you to getting hired!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The components of telling a strong and memorable story
- How to build a strategy going into your script--starting with the construction of the act breaks
- How to construct each act in a way that builds anticipation
- How to end your opening with a question and answer the question through your story
- How to utilize the pivotal points in the A story and the B story to end your act with the maximum emotional impact
- How to connect all the pivotal moments in your story so that they link back to your goal
- The significance of your links and link backs to the construction of your story
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Seasoned as well as new writers in TV and features
- Writers who want to learn the components of telling a strong story
- Writers who want to make their audience feel their story
- Writers who want to use a story checklist to set the foundation of their script
- Writers who want to learn the significance of structure
- Writers who want to learn how to tell and sell their story
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jen Grisanti
International speaker Jen Grisanti is an acclaimed Story/Career Consultant at Jen Grisanti Consultancy Inc., Writing Instructor for Writers on the Verge at NBC, a former 12-year studio executive, including VP of Current Programming at CBS/Paramount, blogger for The Huffington Post and author of the books, Story Line: Finding Gold In Your Life Story and TV Writing Tool Kit: How To Write a Script That Sells and her new book, Change Your Story, Change Your Life: A Path To Your Success.
Grisanti started her career in 1992 as an assistant to Aaron Spelling, who served as her mentor for 12 years, and she quickly climbed the ranks and eventually ra...