Christopher Vogler's Organic Storytelling Webinar
Organic Storytelling with Chris Vogler
We all enjoy having strong emotional and even physical reactions to movies we love, but what mysterious keys unlock those responses?
Christopher Vogler is known for his approach to story structure based on the Hero’s Journey pattern of narrative found in world mythology. In his book THE WRITER’S JOURNEY, he shows how the eternal story described by mythologist Joseph Campbell is still a first-rate tool for modern screenwriters and novelists. Now Vogler leads the way to deeper levels of storytelling craft by exploring how stories, images and music work directly on the organs of the body.
What are the keys to an audience's emotions? What are the triggers that make an audience feel something on a subconscious level? What are the emotional patters deeply embedded in the audience's minds that can be awakened through strong-minded, conscious storytelling? What are the most up-to-date techniques for creating meaningful stories? During this webinar, Chris Vogler will take you through the tools and principles you need to reach an audience at a completely different level.
- The origins and essence of storytelling
- Developing and understanding the intention of your story
- The Wisdom of the Body: An organic approach to stories and character
- Your own body is the best judge of your story's effectiveness
- Seven levels of Story Power
- Understanding the centers of emotion and desire
- How to create the powerful emotional effect of catharsis
- Eight useful archetypes of character
- The Body's Journey: How the organs of the body cooperator with the Hero's Journey stages and archetypes
- Meditative techniques to stimulate your creativity
- Current screenwriting techniques for winning over the reader
- Techniques for inspiring your audience -- and yourself!
And much more
Where: Online via ChristopherVogler.com
When: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Time: 10am to 12:00pm Noon PST (Los Angeles Time)
Length: 2 Hours
- Date available: 03/18/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Christopher Vogler
Christopher Vogler is an internationally known and highly sought-after Hollywood development executive who has worked for Disney, Warner Bros., Fox and many other major studios and production companies. As a veteran story consultant for major Hollywood film companies and a respected teacher of filmmakers and writers around the globe, his book The Writer's Journey has become an international best seller and a true classic. The Writer's Journey explores the powerful relationship between mythology and storytelling in a clear, concise style that's made it required reading for movie executives, screenwriters, playwrights, scholars, and fans of pop culture ...