Chimpanzee Budgeting & Scheduling ver 2.0
At a Glance
Meet Gorilla’s little cousin! Designed for low budget projects, web content providers and student or beginner filmmakers, Chimpanzee offers film scheduling and budgeting features at an affordable price.
With Chimpanzee, you can break down your screenplay into scenes, manage characters, props & other scene elements, keep info on actors and crew and create shoot days, shot lists and storyboards. Use Chimpanzee’s Import Screenplay feature to auto-create your scenes and import elements (characters, props, etc.) from your tagged screenplay.
When you’re ready for budgeting, choose from a variety of Chimpanzee’s budget templates or create your own, and easily link your budget to scheduling elements such as actors, crew and props.
Chimpanzee comes with over a dozen reports including scheduling breakdown summaries, call sheets, prop lists and shot lists and budget topsheet, account and detail reports.
Chimpanzee works seamlessly with the Gorilla Ratebook and Koala Call Sheets for even greater functionality and power.
See how Chimpanzee Software works!
• Scheduling – Import screenplays directly from your favorite screenwriting software including Final Draft® and Movie Magic Screenwriter™ or StoryO™ index cards to auto-create scenes & elements. Manage actors, crew, props, costumes, set dressing, locations and other elements and attach them to scenes.
• Shoot Days - Create shoot days and attach scenes, cast, crew & elements to shoot days. Easily arrange scenes for each day with drag and drop action.
• Storyboard & Shot list – Create a Storyboard and use the built-in shot library with the most common camera shot types to create a shot list for each scene.
• Characters – Create and define Characters complete with illustrative head-shot (use built-in library of character headshots or import your own). Attach Characters to Scenes & Shoot Days.
•Actors & Crew – Store contact information & pictures, attach actors & crew to scenes & shoot days, auto-text call times & location info to actors & crew.
•Budgeting – Industry-standard budgeting features with Topsheet, Account, and Detail levels. Easily link a budget to a schedule to import actors, crew and element information.
-Reports - Generate over a dozen scheduling & budgeting reports including Breakdown Summary, Shooting Schedule, Call Sheets, Locations Report, Budget Top Sheet, Detail & more.
-Integrate with Koala Call Sheets* – Share Chimpanzee data with Koala Call Sheets to print, PDF, e-mail, or text the perfect call sheet to your actors and crew.
-Integrate with The Gorilla Ratebook* – Get over 13,000 labor rates from over 112 unions and automatically insert the ones you need into your Chimpanzee budget with just a few button clicks.
* Koala Call Sheets and The Gorilla Ratebook each sold separately.
“If a project doesn't require the heavy lifting of Gorilla (or the production team simply wants to have a leaner approach to production planning) then Chimpanzee is an excellent tool to have available. The user interface is intuitive and the workflow is powerful but uncomplicated.”
- Scott Bruffey, Director/Producer
“I found Chimpanzee had everything one needed for a student film. I've told my university tutors about how good this product is, and we are all looking forward to the using it when it’s released.”
- Heather McColgan, Producer, Writer
“I’d like to thank you for making the film industry job easier with simple to use budgeting and scheduling software like Chimpanzee. This is yet another piece of fine software for film enthusiasts like myself who have had to budget films on paper and notebooks.”
- Ted Williams, Director/Producer/Writer
Minimum System Requirements:
Mac OSX 10.11 & above Minimum Requirements:
2GB Ram, 2GB available hard disk space
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7:
CPU: 1GHz or faster x86- or x64-bit processor, 1GB RAM,
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.