Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market
At a Glance
The Most Trusted Guide to the World of Children’s Publishing
If you write or illustrate for young readers with the hope of getting published, Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market 2017 is the trusted resource you need. Now in its 29th edition, CWIM is the definitive publishing guide for anyone who seeks to write or illustrate for kids and young adults. Inside you'll find more than 500 listings for children's books markets (publishers, literary agents, magazines, contests, and more), including a point of contact, how to properly submit your work, and what categories each market accepts.
CWIM also features:
- Interviews with accomplished authors and illustrators such as Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen), Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park), Judy Schachner (the Skippyjon Jones series), and more.
- Valuable advice from debut authors and illustrators who explain their personal paths to success and publication.
- Informative articles on how to be your own agent, craft a great query letter, avoid picture book pitfalls, discover new online publishing opportunities, and much more.
- A one-year subscription to the children's publishing content on WritersMarket.com.
"Children’s Writers’ & Illustrator’s Market is invaluable for writers of children’s books. Chock-full of publishing resources, it’s a must-have!"
—Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush Hush and Crescendo
"Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market is the most complete, trusted, definitive, and inspiring source of publishing opportunities for children’s writers and illustrators working today."
—Mary Kole, literary agent and award-winning blogger (kidlit.com)
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Date available: 08/10/2016
- Publication date: 08/10/2016
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Alice Pope
Alice Pope has been editor of Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market for more than 15 years, frequently speaks on childrens writing/publishing related topics at writers conferences, blogs about childrens publishing and is a former Regional Advisor for the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators.