Building The Perfect Scene
Film audiences don’t leave the theatres thinking about how great a movie was structured. They remember charged moments and how the scenes made them feel. What audiences connect with most can be summarized in four words: actions, dialogue, images, and emotions. This how-to video draws from the most powerful scenes in history to help screenwriters create a story structure that elicits the same reaction from audiences.
Developing a screenwriting format that will result in unforgettable scenes that wow audiences is no easy task. In this how-to video, screenwriter Crickett Rumley will walk you through asking the right questions to make sure you’re focused on story writing that ends with memorable scenes. Whether you’re revising a completed script or just starting the brainstorming process, her tips can help you create a masterpiece with scenes that will live on in the minds of audiences long after they’ve left the theatres.
In this how-to video, you’ll learn:
- The nine questions every screenwriter should ask themselves when building scenes.
- How to take a critical look at every character in your story and fully develop their goals within the plot.
- To analyze your writing by examining your story, locations, portrayal of characters, design of actions and dialogue, and use of conflict.
You’ll love this video if you want to:
- Create scenes that evoke strong reactions from audiences.
- Build strong and unforgettable characters and plots.
- Analyze your writing by drawing from your favorite movie scenes.
- Publisher Script Magazine Productions
- Instructor Crickett Rumley
- Date available: 09/02/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Crickett Rumley
A daughter of the American South, Crickett Rumley was born in eastern North Carolina and has been traveling ever since! As a Coast Guard brat, she grew up on bodies of water in Alabama, Washington state, and Puerto Rico. She graduated from Rhodes College in Memphis, TN, with a degree in Latin American Studies, learned Spanish in Bogotá, Colombia, and completed her Master of Fine Arts in Film at Columbia University in New York.
After working for writer-director John Sayles and actress Julia Roberts, Crickett started teaching screenwriting at the New York Film Academy in New York. She also worked for the Telluride Film Festival, lectured at the Gr...