Build Your Author Platform Through Blogging Webinar
At a Glance
Should you blog? If so, what should you blog about? And, if you post any of your book material on your blog, are you endangering its prospects with an agent or traditional publisher? In this webinar, you'll learn how and when blogging can benefit you. We'll discuss the different models of successful blogging, how to focus your blog when you're looking for a book deal, and how to continue blogging (or start blogging) for promotion & marketing when you already have a book deal and release date. Even if you've never blogged before, you'll leave this webinar with the tools and resources you need to get started within a few days.
What you'll learn:
- How to develop strategic content for your blog that will benefit your career as an author
- When and how to post your work-in-progress on your blog or site
- When and how fiction writers should blog
- What kinds of blogs attract the attention of editors and agents
- 5 ways to grow your blog traffic—and how to know when your blog has a visitor count worth talking about
- The consistent habits and methods of successful bloggers
- The essential metrics for analyzing your blog's traffic, and how to improve your blog based on visitor data
- The best blogging platforms to use, and what features really matter
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jane Friedman
Jane Friedman is a former publishing & media exec who now teaches full-time at the University of Cincinnati. She has spoken on writing, publishing, and the future of media at more than 200 events since 2001, including South by Southwest, BookExpo America, and the Association of Writers and Writing Programs.
Her expertise has been featured by sources such as NPR’s Morning Edition, Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS, The Huffington Post, and Mr. Media. She has consulted with a range of nonprofits, businesses, and creative professionals, including the National Endowment for the Arts, the Creative Work Fund, and the Contemporary Arts Center in Ci...