Breathing Life into Your Characters: Transform a Cliched Story into an Exceptional Script
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
A film script or TV series pilot is only as good as its characters. Even a clichéd plot can create an interesting movie providing the characters are well-rounded and compelling. The question is, what is the difference between a one-dimensional character and a fully rounded, fascinating character? In this webinar, you will learn how even clichés can be transformed into something original by applying a, simple to learn, technique.
This webinar is perfect for any writer who has ever struggled to find original ideas. Whilst many writers try to solve the originality problem by looking for new stories, the real answer is to invest time and energy into yout characters. Original, three-dimensional characters will always generate high-quality scripts, even if the story being told has been done a million times before. This is because audiences fall in love with characters, not with stories.
The techniques taught in this webinar are working tools used by the instructor during twenty-years of screenwriting and a life-long dialogue with other screenwriters about what works and what doesn’t. What makes this approach unique is it teaches how to develop a three-dimensional cast, not just a three-dimensional protagonist.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to transform a clichéd character into a unique individual
- Why it pays to create a three-dimensional cast rather than just a unique protagonist
- How to create a three-dimensional cast using the “character development sheet”
- The important character roles in the story
- How to use the “character development sheet” to radically reboot a story by shifting character roles
- How to crush writer’s block by using the character development sheet
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want to write original, eye-catching scripts
- Writers who want to create original characters
- Writers who want to improve their craft
- Any Writer who has ever experienced writer’s block
- Writers looking to radically rewrite a project
- Script Editors looking for a new and highly effective tool to understand scripts
- Script Doctors looking for a tool to breakdown, understand and transform a failing script
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Clive Frayne
Clive Frayne (aka Clive Davies-Frayne) is an award-winning, British, writer and director. He has worked in both the radio and film industries for twenty-plus years.
Alongside his industry experience, he is also a lecturer, specializing in screenwriting. He currently works as a visiting lecturer for a leading UK university, where he delivers sessions on character development and script-editing.