Breaking into Hollywood A.S.A.P.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Screenwriting and directing are careers that require a specific plan to execute in order to attain the desired results. Many talented screenwriters or directors will never achieve success without having certain business know how. Learning about the business of writing and directing is impossible without an insider revealing the knowledge essential to significantly increase the chances of success.
Sammy has represented experienced and some newbie writers and directors in his career as a literary manager. He will share with you the essentials to have in your arsenal before seeking representation, how to assemble a near perfect plan to success, and how and when to seek representation.
Learn how agents think, the many methods of attracting agents attention, and what to do until the talent is in a position to get signed by an effective agent. Numerous pros and cons exist for each method of attracting agents but in the end the method is secondary to the willingness of a talent to execute persistent action.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to form an effective long term career plan
- When to approach agents
- What you should have ready before approaching agents
- Should you get an agent OR manager first
- How to know what kind of material will get you "heat"
- What questions to ask agents and managers before signing
- How to know when it's time to cut your losses and leave the profession
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are looking to break in with a great writing sample
- Directors who are looking to break in with a unique and effective short or full length feature film
- Writers and directors who are at a crossroads in their careers
- Writers and directors who encounter major roadblocks and do not know how to break through them
- Writers and Directors who think creativity is all it takes to succeed
- Writers and Directors who live anywhere
- Writers and Directors who are not getting the business answers they need either because they do not have a mentor or have an ineffective one
- Date available: 11/11/2014
- Publication date: 11/11/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Sammy Montana
Sammy Montana has worked in several different capacities. He served as the VP of Production and Development for the Producer of the HALLOWEEN remakes. Currently, he runs his own Film/TV literary management company, Anarchy Management. Sammy has an active list of clientele, including writers and directors.