Breaking in Outside of Hollywood Webinar
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
When screenwriters ask an industry insider for advice, the most common response writers hear is, “Move to L.A.” But Jeanne Veillette Bowerman says, “Not so fast.”
Jeanne has built a strong network for herself right from her country home in New York State while only making a handful of trips to L.A. a year. She’ll show you her key secrets and how to navigate the plethora of social media outlets available.
This on-demand webinar covers creative, out-of-the-box strategies to use right from the comfort of your home, miles away from the Hollywood hills, and still have a shot at breaking down the barriers and breaking in.
Learn the secrets to preparing for a successful trip to L.A. and how to continue building those relationships after you’re back home. When you live far from L.A., networking is crucial. Learn the enigma surrounding networking—and find out how to create a strong community of support.
Traveling to pitchfests requires time and money. Learn how to get the best bang for your buck at a pitching event and turn a five-minute pitch meeting into a relationship that lasts years.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Resources for learning online
• Social media platforms and tips
• How to build a strong community of support
• The importance of creating your own website
• Planning your trips to L.A. to maximize your success
• The do’s and don’ts of pitchfests
• A checklist of what you need before you pitch to a producer or an agent
• What to do after a networking trip
• How to keep your name in sight even when you’re miles away
• Newbie mistakes to avoid
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Writers who live outside of L.A
• Writers who have a script ready and want to know the next step
• Writers who have social media phobia
• Writers who need networking tips
• Writers looking for resources on the craft and business
• Writers wanting to maximize pitchfest trips
• Writers who want to create their own website
• Writers who need the push to get past their fears
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar
- Date available: 01/17/2012
- Publication date: 01/04/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jeanne Veillette Bowerman
Jeanne Villette Bowman is the Editor of Script magazine and a screenwriter, having written the narrative feature adaptation as well as the 10-hr limited series of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Slavery by Another Name, which were honored in the Top 25 Tracking Board Launch Pad Features Competition, CS Expo Finalist, the Second Round of Sundance Episodic Lab, and a PAGE Awards TV Drama Finalist.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $79.99
Details: Not quite sure where to start? This collection pulls together all the key resources you need to break into the film industry. From updated lists of contacts to step-by-step instruction on how to sell a screenplay through new and traditional media channels, you’ll find everything you need to survive in today’s competitive marketplace. Learn the best ways to build a strong network, how to build your marketing plan, how to write a movie script that meets the standards of the industry, and more. By the time you finish exploring this must-have collection for screenwriters, you’ll have agents and producers begging to work with you.