Branded: Becoming The Writer Executives Want to Work With
Agents, managers, producers and development like to work with writers whose brand whose identify they can clearly understand. As you break into the industry and begin to build your screenwriting career, you will be defined and branded, and your brand will be used to sell your products and services. Rather than putting this all-important responsibility in someone else's hands, or hoping for someone else to do the hard work, why not make deliberate decisions about your brand based on your writing, strengths, and market expectations that can position you for screenwriting success?
In this session, explore with seasoned screenwriting career coach such pertinent questions as:
- How to best define yourself and your brand
- How to become the writer agents and managers want to represent
- How your brand fits in with the current trends of an ever-dynamic marketplace.
- Why brand? Explore why branding has been critical to many working screenwriters out there, as well as some of the most prolific corporations in the world!
- Define your brand by exploring this question: Which of your strengths best position you for consistent industry success?
- Learn how to become an expert in your brand, as well as knowledge of other content in the space
- Market investigation: The state of the current industry marketplace, and discussion of recent genre trends.
- Building your brand within the space: Explore when your brand actually becomes "your brand", the critical importance of research, and finding your way to satisfy the industry's consistent hunger for "different by same"
- Beyond the brand: Real life examples of writers who went beyond their established brands once they've became a trusted source of content for industry executives, and how you will be able to do the same
- Brand exploration - open discussion of the various brands of the writers present, and what makes "your brand"
The Writers Store
3510 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
- Date available: 02/04/2014
- Publication date: 01/17/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Lee Jessup
Lee Jessup is a seasoned career coach for screenwriters, with an exclusive focus on guiding and supporting screenwriters as they parlay their screenwriting prowess into a focused and dynamic screenwriting career. Lee's experience spans years in physical production and film development, followed by 6+ years as director of ScriptShark.com, the industry’s leading coverage service. During her time with ScriptShark, Lee introduced hundreds of screenplays to entertainment industry professionals, helped writers secure representation and garner attention for their material, and spearheaded a national Business of Screenwriting seminar series launched in partne...