Basics and Beyond Tutorial: Final Draft 9
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Most writers don’t get into screenwriting for the pleasure of formatting scripts; if anything, the opposite tends to be true: formatting a script is often an additional struggle on the road to getting a project made.
But that doesn’t have to be the way. Not only can formatting software like Final Draft 9 make the process much smoother and less stressful, a little extra time learning some of the lesser-known features can actually transform the task of formatting a script from a pain to a pleasure.
During this live webinar for veteran users of Final Draft and new users alike, you’ll learn to unleash the power of this essential screenwriting program. Instructor Mario O. Moreno, who’s used the program to craft over a dozen of his own projects, and has helped writers advance their knowledge of Final Draft since Final Draft 5 was the new kid on the block, will visually guide users through the basic features every writer should know and the advanced, time-saving options more writers wish they knew.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• Choosing the right template
• Different ways to utilize the elements menu
• How to use SmartType and save time
• Creating, editing and saving title pages
• Customizing your toolbar
• How to save to PDF
• How to collaborate with writers who are still using previous version of Final Draft
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Writers who have scripts to write but are intimidated by learning new software
• Writers who just purchased Final Draft
• Writers who’ve been using Final Draft for years and want to use it more effectively
• Writers who know what they want to say, but don’t know how to “just add words”
- Instructor Mario O. Moreno
- Date available: 10/15/2014
- Publication date: 10/15/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Mario O. Moreno
Mario O. Moreno is a Story Specialist for The Writers Store by day, and a budding screenwriter by night.
Since earning a bachelor's degree in Film from Miami International University, where he won an Outstanding Filmmaker Award, Mario has written numerous feature film scripts, been an Academy Nicholl Fellowships Quarterfinalist, Final Draft's Big Break Semifinalist and Austin Film Festival Finalist, and has pitched to executives at Paramount, Warner Brothers, Fox, Disney, Universal and Sony. He also coached the first 3 winners of the Industry Insid...