Anatomy of a Successful Spec: What’s Working in the Current Marketplace
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 48 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing feature film and TV writing assignments. An extremely well executed spec script is required to break into the business, yet too many writers waste valuable time writing a script with little to no chance at success.
This seminar covers what agents and managers are looking for in today’s marketplace and shares the best ways to launch a career. It also provides the specific tools required to write screenplays at a professional level.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What is required to writer a script that truly can grab and hold a reader’s attention
- Why most spec scripts are rejected after a few pages
- What kind of scripts stand out and get you the right kind of attention
- How to know if your script is ready to be read by the industry
- How to get your script read by the right people
- What exactly are agents and managers looking for
- Avoiding the mistakes that can sink your chances
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want real tools to make their scripts unique and desirable
- Writers who are seeking an agent or manager
- Writers who are about to go out to the industry with a screenplay
- Writers who have their script rejected
- Writers who are about to start a new screenplay
- Writers who are about to rewrite their script
- Anyone who is new to screenwriting and wants to start out on the right foot
Participate Live or Watch Later
This webinar includes both access to the live webinar where you may interact with the presenter and the recorded, on-demand edition for your video library. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
- Instructor Corey Mandell
- Date available: 10/07/2014
- Publication date: 10/07/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Corey Mandell
Corey Mandell is an award-winning screenwriter who has written projects for Ridley Scott, Wolfgang Peterson, Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, John Travolta, Warner Bros, Universal, 20th Century Fox, Working Title, Paramount, Live Planet, Beacon Films, Touchstone, Trilogy and Walt Disney Pictures. Corey teaches at UCLA as well as private workshops. His students have gone on to sell or option scripts to Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony Pictures, Disney, Fox, Fox 2000, MGM, Universal, Showtime, FX, USA Network, AMC, NBC, CBS, MTV and HBO. Others have been staffed on such shows as Community, Justified, Bones, BoJack Horseman, Playing House, Marvel's Agents ...