"Anatomy of a Premise Line" Book Signing with author Jeff Lyons
Anatomy of a Premise Line Book Signing and Mini-Workshop with Author Jeff Lyons
Join Jeff Lyons for a powerful experience designed to streamline your writing development process; save you hours, weeks, and even months of wasted writing time; and arm you with craft tools that will serve you for many years to come as you move toward your writing dreams.
If a story is going to fail, it will first do so at the premise level. Knowing how to create, design, and validate a story premise idea are essential skills every writer needs in their toolbox. The premise line is the only reliable tool that can tell you, before you start writing pages, whether or not your story will “work.” It is your canary in the coal mine, and when fully mastered can save you time, money and months of potentially wasted writing. In Anatomy of a Premise Line, readers will learn how to master the process of premise line development—the essential first step in any book, screenplay, or creative nonfiction work's development process, thus cutting development time in half.
Join us for a “mini-workshop” and book signing event with Anatomy of a Premise Line author Jeff Lyons. Get a “crash course” in his 7-step premise development methodology, meet the author, and ask your story-development questions.
What Will You Discover?
- How can you save time, money, and wasted writing? — This book will show you how to do all three and do it reliably over and over for every story you write.
- Can you tell if your story will work? — Lots of writers think they are telling a story, but they are not. This book gives you a guaranteed method for figuring out early if your story is a real story, and whether it will have legs.
- Is your story high concept? — Learn what high concept really means and how to quickly assess to what degree your story is or is not high concept, and then what to do next.
- What is a story premise and why should you care? — This is one of the most confusing ideas in creative writing and one that all writer need to understand, because a premise is so much more than just a pitch tool — it's your lifeline!
- What is a log line - really? — Another confusing term that is essential for every writer to master, because almost everyone thinks premise lines are log lines — they are not! Learn the difference and why the difference matters to your writing.
- Can you test any story idea and know if it will work, before you start writing? — The answer is "yes," if you know the 7-Step Premise Testing Process. This book will teach that to you.
- And Much More ...
The Writers Store
3510 W. Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
Saturday August 29, 2015
Mini-Workshop with author Jeff Lyons
1:00PM - 2:30PM
- Date available: 08/05/2015
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jeff Lyons
Jeff Lyons has more than 25 years' experience in the entertainment and publishing industries and is a working screenwriter and author. He is a regular guest lecturer at the UCLA Extension Writers Program, as well as a webinar instructor for The Writers Store and Writer's Digest University. Jeff is the founder of Storygeeks, a professional services company offering story consulting, training and editorial services to screenwriters, novelists and nonfiction authors. His film Billy Miske is currently in pre-production in the U.K. through M4West Pictures Ltd. More information can be found on his website, www.storygeeks.com. Follow @storygeeks on Twitter a...