An Insider's Guide to Landing a Book Deal Webinar
At a Glance
In this webinar with publishing industry insider Alan Rinzler, you'll get a candid and revealing view of what happens behind closed doors in agents' and publishers' offices. A veteran editor with years of experience and hundreds of books published explains what it takes in today's publishing climate to not only land a book deal, but to land the best possible deal, with the best possible publisher.
What you'll learn:
- How to navigate the constantly changing twists and turns of today's changing book business—and get that book deal in an increasingly competitive environment
- How to develop meaningful connections with agents and editors who can impact your career
- How to write a winning book proposal for fiction and nonfiction projects; an absolute must for a traditional book deal
- How to build a platform (and why you need one) even before your book is completed
- How to use self-publishing as a strategy for getting a book deal
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Alan Rinzler
Alan Rinzler is Executive Editor at Jossey-Bass/John Wiley & Sons. He previously worked at Simon and Schuster, Grove Press, Macmillan, Holt, was Director of Trade Books at Bantam, and the original Vice-President and Associate Publisher of Rolling Stone Magazine. He's edited and published Toni Morrison (Bluest Eye), Hunter S. Thompson (Fear & Loathing on the Campaign), and other notable authors, including Robert Ludlum, Andy Warhol, Shirley MacLaine, and Clive Cussler.