All You Need to Know About the Movie and TV Business
From getting the necessary training and understanding the intricate responsibilities of everyone behind or in front of the camera to getting your first break and avoiding career-specific pitfalls, All You Need to Know About the Movie and TV Business leads you topic by topic through:
- A breakdown of job descriptions, from casting directors and key grips to stunt coordinators and film editors
- What kinds of deals actors, directors, writers, and producers make when they start out and when they hit the top
- How to protect and sell your creative work
- How movie deals are put together at studios and by independents
- The nuts and bolts of a boilerplate contract
- The notorious and mysterious world of profit participations, with a detailed explanation of why there's never any profit "net profit" deals
The entertainment industry can be an exciting, challenging landscape to negotiate. Having some valuable insight into how to make the most of your career in the movie or TV business can put you on the surest path to success.
- Publisher Fireside Book
- Date available: 01/01/2010
- Publication date: 02/06/1996
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.